Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Open Invitation

Even before reviewing "Waiting For Godot", I noticed that the praise people have given it has been of a very vague kind: "It's great!" "It's so interesting!" Etc.

After posting my review, the criticisms have been equally vague: "You just don't get it", "You're a loser," etc. Most of those who disagree with me have simply stooped to sarcastic mockery.

Why not take the opportunity to Educate instead of Excoriate? I had a mind open to seeing the play and giving it a chance -- why not practice what you preach and return the favor? Take some time to actually delineate what it is about this play that makes it great (objectively or personally subjectively), and write about it.

Normally I reserve my blog for things I write myself, but if someone actually takes the time to write an informative rebuttal that explains what it is I should be taking home from this play, I will publish it here. (If I get multiple entries, I'll pick the one I feel helps me understand the issue best.)

Now's your chance - rise above petty sarcasm and mockery that does not help in any way, and educate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What? What?? You dare to have additional or contrary information to post on my flawless and impeccable opinions???